Solo RPG Goodness
John from Solonexus recently
updated his free solo rpg engine the
You can now grab the 2013 version.
- Clarified language and additional guidance.
- Deliberate and random GM decisions and PC actions.
- Deliberate and random setting (place and time) options.
- Q1a (reactive) and Q1b (proactive) opening encounters.
- “The NPC 9Qs” for instant NPC generation
I introduced the 9Qs in one of my earlier blog
posts. Additionally, there’s a new
online solution called Rpg Solo.
It is still in beta but it works fine. Rpg Solo is inspired by all the solo goodness you can find on the internet: The 9Qs, FU, Mythic Game Emulator, Instant Game, the blog post by Tiny Solitary Soldiers and the d10 solo system by Solo Dungeoneer. The interface looks a bit confusing at first but there’s some explanation at the forums. It’s definitely a tool which will help your solo playing experience. And it’s free, too!
The 9Qs 2013 Edition
Rpg Solo All the other links:
Mythic Game Emulator
Tiny Solitary Soldiers